Confessions of a Fauf

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

For Real?!

Someone very dear to me asked me the most important question that has forever changed my life. And he gave me the most expensive gift I will most likely ever get. Last Saturday, December 9 (circle the date in your calendars because it will be forever a memorable date), Michael Shaw asked me to marry him and gave me a ring. My heart has been prepared for this for a few months, but I was completely surprised by the proposal. I find it all very amazing that I am officially engaged and going to marry the most amazing man who has exceeded my expectations. I remember a year ago this month, Michael and I had "the conversation" that defined our relationship: we agreed we wanted to pursue dating with the purpose of marriage if God so willed it. And now as I reminisce, a year later, I am in awe as I watch God's plan unfold. I have a ring on my finger, love in my heart, Michael dear to me, and a wedding in my future. All I can keep asking myself is "for real?!"

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful and amazing>> Congratulations!

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know how i feel...so excited and looking forward to seeing the bling! (o; love suz (the soon to be sista in law)

11:11 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I can't wait until these 7 months are over, then I can have my day! Haha Love you

3:07 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

For real. Just deal with it, you're stuck with me. Well, I guess not until you say "I do." but still...

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurray! Its for real! You got yourself a great man. And he's got himself a great women! what a match! congrats!

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home