Confessions of a Fauf

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Finally a New Year's Resolution

Alright, so I finally landed on my New Year's Resolution for 2013: memorize at least one Bible verse a month. I struggle with memorizing Scripture and I know it's important to do. I just never seem to get to it. I tried memorizing our church's weekly fighter verses, but a week is too short for me. I would finally get a chance to do my quiet time and start on the verse only to realize it was already Friday!

But I think I could do one a month. I really want to take this to heart. I want to meditate on the verse, apply it to my life, and let the Lord use it to transform me.

I need to come up with some fun, effective ways for memorizing it though. Any ideas?

My Janurary verse is 1 Samuel 12:24:

Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider what great things he has done for you.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps try saying your verse during walks and exercise times. It helped me. Love, RCS

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Michael said...

The syntax of that verse is horrible. I tried saying it three times and it tripped me up!

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Write it on an index card and read it whenever you can. Unfortunately now with old age memory problems I can't torture myself trying to memorize anything.
Love,
Mum

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home