Confessions of a Fauf

Saturday, April 07, 2012

Natural Birth



A few things I learned about natural child birth:

1.It required just as much mental stamina as physical. It’s literally a game of mind over matter. There were moments when I felt I was mentally hanging on by a thread. I was so close to losing control and freaking out. But I mentally overcame each contraction, and so was able to physically also. Barb would remind me, “Don’t let the contraction control you—you take control of the contraction.”

2.It’s not THAT bad. Don’t get me wrong. It was the most painful and hardest thing I’ve ever done. But it was able to be done, and I did it. It was amazing to experience my body do what it was suppose to without my even knowing it half the time!

3.I totally got a high from it. Afterwards I was able to get out of bed and shower and I had energy.

4.Birthing Westly was the best experience of my life, and it is one of my top memories. I got a stronger sense of self, proved to myself I could do it, and witnessed God’s grace

5.Because of natural birth and my experience, I love birth and I know I MUST have that experience again, for it was so beautiful and empowering.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does all come down to love and God's grace... RCS

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home