Confessions of a Fauf

Friday, April 06, 2012

The Big ONE





Today my little boy is one. We made it through the first year—which I think has been harder and more rewarding than my first year of marriage! In some ways the year has been a blur, but there are specific memories that I will forever treasure in my heart:

Cuddling Westly the first hours of his life, feeling him fit snugly in the crook of my arm and listening to his little critter noises

Laying skin to the skin in the early mornings

Hearing his first giggle as Daddy plays with him, and thinking it must be true that when a baby laughs for a first time, the laugh breaks into a million pieces and they all go skipping about, and that is the beginning of fairies

Changing Westly’s diapers in the middle of the night and noticing by the faint night light glow that he is smiling at me

Waking up with him next to me in his pack n’ play and hearing his excited coos and giggles in greeting

Carrying him everywhere in his baby katan on me, his favorite place to be was always against my chest

Spending afternoons at the park, first sitting on a blanket, and eventually climbing the playground

Rocking him to sleep and thinking how lovely he always looks when he’s finally asleep

Hearing him say “Mama” and it melting my heart

And the list goes on. How fast this year has gone and how quickly he has changed…and changed me! I always tell him, “You’re my favorite thing in the whole wide world.”

3 Comments:

Blogger Susie (Shaw) Fitler said...

oh fauf i've loved these all week long. cuddles abound for this little fella. happy birthday west!

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think most mothers can identify with your feelings especially looking at a sleeping baby and a smiling one. Happy birthday Westly!
Love,
Nana

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely, Farah. Your "little critter'" is one year old today.
How time has flown! Keep those extra little boy cuddles going for many more years. Dad Shaw

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home