Confessions of a Fauf

Friday, March 05, 2010

My Trip Down the Rabbit Hole

My excitement is mounting about seeing Alice in Wonderland this weekend. Whatever your opinion of it (I admit, it looks bizarre, but then all Tim Burton movies are and we eventually love them once we get over the visual shock of them)--anyways, whatever your opinion, I am a fan for the simple reason that I have always been a huge Alice in Wonderland fan. I just thought I should go on record with this montage before the movie makes it a trendy thing to love Alice, or a favorite thing to hate...

My first trip down the rabbit hole was when I was about 5 years old and I watched the Disney animation movie at my grandma Mimi's house--just one of many lovely childhood memories.


Next I revisited Wonderland and also stepped through the Looking Glass for the first time when Mimi gave me my first and most beloved copy of the book



My other grandma Nana contributed to my adventures in Wonderland when I used to sit on her lap and she would tell me alternative stories about Alice losing her ball at the beach, and following it down the rabbit hole. There the White Rabbit would grant her a wish for doing something kind for her father, one for her mother, and one for her little sister.


My favorite ride for the longest time was Alice's Adventures in Wonderland at Disneyland.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

"You're addicted!"

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael and The Fauf in Wonderland... The beginning
of a great weekend.

12:17 PM  
Blogger KYLE AND LISA said...

I love Alice too! ...oh and you forgot to mention you dressed up as her this year too!

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest one of all?
Why, Alice, Cecily, and Fauf, of course... Silly old verse

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home