Confessions of a Fauf

Monday, March 01, 2010

The Countdown Begins...

...Today is March 1, which means I have exactly one month until we leave for London! We have not been allowed to plan our iternary before today (we have the airfare and hotel booked). We made ourselves wait until we were a month away to plan all the things we'll do, just so we don't get too obsessed too early with the trip. But now that it's March 1, let the planning begin! We've got a rough list of must-do's, but are open to suggestions...

Must-Do #1: Visit Baker Street and tour the Holmes museum, tour the neighborhood and Regent's Park for notes on my sequel, etc.

Must-Do #2: Tour Buckingham Palace and say "hi" to the Queen (God save the Queen--or at least, give her a break!)

Must-Do #3: Visit the British Library where they have original copies and sketches from Lewis Carrol on Alice in Wonderland, Jane Austin's writing desk, the Magna Carta, to name a few relics

Must-Do #4: Visit the British Museum, which is not only free, but has a collection of some of the world's most famous and precious artifacts like the Rosetta Stone Tablet and sometimes King Tut (when he's not busy traveling the world)

Must-Do #5: Enjoy afternoon tea in a real English tea house, complete with crumpets, Devonshire cream, and Earl Gray (did I get that right, Rosie-Mum?)

I'm quite giddy just thinking about London. And of course I can't wait to enjoy the ever-present ambiance fueled by red double-decker buses, foggy days, and the reminder that great stories are saturated in the great city (Sherlock Holmes, Peter Pan, Shakespeare...)

10 Comments:

Blogger Morgan Jane said...

Eek! I'm so excited for you guys. I do wish we were going along as well, but that will come soon. (11...11...11) Can't wait to hear all about your wonderful trip. And if you need help planning, I'd love to help!

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A real good time should be had by all. Cheers!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

WOOT WOOT! I am so ecstatic! I can hardly contain myself!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Susie (Shaw) Fitler said...

I think Oxford may be worth the train. Alice in Wonderland, C.S. Lew, Hrry Potter,,,lots happened there. Tho I know time is short and there's also Brighton. Just consider this trip Phase 1 of your 3 part roll out in the next two decades of your lives!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

the catacombs would be cool to see.. I wanted to see them when I was in London a few years ago, but I didn't have time.

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are catacombs in London? We saw the ones in Rome...creepy!

Fauf

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of the tube stations can be like catacombs...
I feel a London mist and fog coming down on the Central Coast.. Get your mack and brollies out!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Honestly... I need to hire the Fauf out to write my blogs. Not only is it well written, but it elicited so many comments.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Susie (Shaw) Fitler said...

well ig you are doodling?

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fauf loves countdowns.........

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home