Confessions of a Fauf

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Heat Wave!

Last week we had our annual random heat wave here in Santa Maria. I wouldn't mind it so much if it occured in, say, July or August. But I hate when it comes in October. I had planned on wearing sweaters and sipping hot cider and making corn chowder for dinner. Instead I donned a tank top again, stayed hydrated with ice water, and avoided turning the stove or oven on. On one particularly hot afternoon, West and I had some summer fun outside!
"Is this for me, Mama?"
 
 

"I better test the water first."
 
 

"Ahhh, feels good!"
 
 

"The fun part is getting in and out of my pool."
 
 

"Geez, I'm all wet now."
 



"Mmmm....I think I like heat waves!"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Westley and Mom sure know how to make the best of
hot weather... Now your fall outfits are right back in
style again, Fauf. XO RCS

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here come some rain, Westley! Papa loves you.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home