Confessions of a Fauf

Thursday, July 26, 2012

July's Craft

My dear friend Marisa found this idea on Pinterest and we decided to try it out for our homes. It was super easy and fun. Materials: fabric, embroidery hoops, and glue gun!

Step 1: pick out your fabric. I went with the same fabric for all the hoops, but Marisa chose different prints in a similar color scheme.

Step 2: decide how many hoops and of which sizes you want. I chose 2 big, 2 medium, 2 small, and 1 tiny, but I think I may add a few more to fill up the wall a little more

Step 3: cut out fabric to fit your hoop, leaving a small allowance

Step 4: fit fabric in hoops just as if you were getting ready to embroider

Step 5: with a hot glue gun (or elmers glue) glue the allowance down to the inside of the hoop

Hang any which way you like!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the way you fill in your time even if you only have a little time.
Where did you buy your materials?
Love,
Mum

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work! RCS..... P.S. In answer to Mum's question,
I suspect The MUS Pawn Shop.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home