Confessions of a Fauf

Sunday, January 01, 2012

So Long 2011

Whew! What a year it has been! 2011 was filled with some extremities: exmtreme joy and some extreme moments of anguish. Of course this was mainly the year of Westly Cavanaugh, but some other great things happened as well.

I managed to write and publish my third book in the Sherlock Academy series: The Holmes Brigade.


In February, Michael and I went on one last get-away before the little Doodle came. A friend got us a great deal at Fess Parker Inn. We enjoyed a luxury suite and fine dining.


I enjoyed a wonderful pregnancy that was relatively easy with no morning sickness or issues. I have to say being pregnant was one of the happiest periods of my life. I enjoyed growing and learning about the baby, and enjoyed little perks like luscious hair and relaxive hormones that helped my back!


We spent the first months of the year preparing for and anticipating the arrival of our little Fig


Westly Cavanaugh came on his due date April 6 at 1:28am.


I had a great labor and delivery, and by the grace of God was able to deliver all-natural. It was the hardest and best experience of my life thus far!


Thanks to Papa Shaw, Michael and I were still able to fit in a few dates here and there, including our 4th anniversary we spent at Sycamore Springs in Avila. It was Westly's first over-nighter away from home and he was great.


We hosted our annual Halloween party. Theme this year: Heroes/Villains. Michael went as Mario, I as Princess Peach, and West as Toad


Hardest moment of the year: Westly's emergency. It took us by surprise, rocked our world, deepened our faith in God, and left an imprint on our hearts that will never fully go away. We are so thankful for everyone's prayers and support and for God's healing hand on him.


And here we are, the Shaw family, a little worse for wear, but very much in love with each other, the Lord, and with life.

Farewell, 2011! Hello, 2012. We are ready for another year, come what may. We wish you all health and blessings in this new year.
"Thus far has the Lord helped us..." (1 Samuel)...And He will help us again in 2012!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a glorious 2012. You are special... Some sayings for the new year: The grass withers, the flower fades,
but the word of our God stands forever ( as does our
love of one another). When the going gets tough, the
tough get going... Let's reload our dreams and make
this year an exciting and blessed one. Love, RCS

12:33 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

How did RCS know about our Fighter Verse?

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I memorized it a few years ago and say it daily as part of my morning prayer time... Who would have thought it? Love, RCS

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home